Watch our leading hand and WelTec Graduate Tu talk about his apprenticeship experience at McKee Fehl:
For this very reason, we are constant in our determination to support employees through a range of development, education and onsite learning opportunities.
We achieve this by offering:
• Dedicated apprenticeships and cadetships. We work closely with Weltec to ensure our apprentices achieve their NZQA qualifications over the course of their 2-3 year programme to provide a range of onsite opportunities to proactively develop trainees’ skills.
• Graduate programmes. We employ university graduates who are at the forefront of latest industry thinking. We provide hands-on experience to complement recent academic studies across building science, engineering and architecture graduates for the benefit of our employees and the wider company.
• Summer Internships. Summer internships are available for university students who require industry experience as part of their degree for the benefit of the individual and wider industry.
• Empowering everyone to attend regular training and development conferences and workshops. From our highly skilled carpenters and foreman through to quantity surveyors, project managers, building management trainees and support staff, everyone is given the opportunity to grow.
• Encouraging our employees to get involved in their respective industry groups. Our employees are active members of many industry organisations including: Master Builders, Property Council New Zealand, NZIOB, NZIQS, NAWIC, Crane Association and the New Zealand Institute of Safety Management.
Why? Our investment in personal development underscores our core company values and wider aspiration to respect, preserve and advance the construction industry and local economy.
We believe that it’s only by equipping our staff with a strong understanding of latest industry trends and best practices, as well as latest health and safety requirements, that we can stand at the forefront of industry innovations and excel in everything we do. In turn, we are rewarded with long-serving, loyal and highly skilled employees.